15 years 3 weeks ago #5854

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I'm finally gettin deep in Frontier now. I'm really impressed. I just wish my tv's subs were smaller text lol!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 3 weeks ago #5856

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I really liked Frontier. Sorry MEMO but I love all the songs, I understand what you mean about the English in songs throws you off. But remember this is anime. It is not geared towards English speakers.

Sometimes I didn't like the bugs because meh they were just bugs, but the ending sort of put it together for me and made you see both sides (being extremely vauge here for the sake of spoilers).

I don't understand some people's hate of gays, but I liked the fact that there was an openly gay character in the show. I mean this is the distant future and if people can get along with giant aliens, I am sure gays are like last week's news. Good to see Frontier out of the box.

Can't wait for the movie, if its anything like DYRL with the wonderful score it is going to be my new favorite.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 3 weeks ago #5860

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Macross Frontier

The music is alright, although sometimes I wish there would be more of a score than the singers singing while pilots are in combat. One of the reason I love Zeta Gundam(possibly the greatest anime ever IMO) American opening is because you get the amazing war beat and not a song. Look it up. Just my opinion. Also it seems one of my favorite characters died but damn did he go out fighting, here's to Michael.

Side note-Here are the opening to compare....

Original Japanese

USA Opening
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by Richardmvela.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5863

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Hey pizza!!!

You already make an opinion about Bobby's sexuality , please!!! not more videos.

;)
15 years 3 weeks ago #5869

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Richardmvela wrote:

The music is alright, although sometimes I wish there would be more of a score than the singers singing while pilots are in combat. One of the reason I love Zeta Gundam(possibly the greatest anime ever IMO) American opening is because you get the amazing war beat and not a song.

That wasn't done by choice, Rich.

The reason Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam got an orchestral OP for the US release was because Bandai Entertainment couldn't get the rights to the songs used in the OP and ED outside of Asia, so they had to make do with editing the orchestral BGM. If they'd been able to get the rights to the songs, that orchestral music wouldn't be there... and many Gundam fans consider the orchestral music kind of insulting, and would rather have the original soundtrack to go with the animation.

These days, what most viewers want is the same viewing experience the Japanese audiences are getting... and that includes the original OP and ED sequences. If I remember right, the head of AnimEigo said that that demand for the original soundtrack is what kept Macross 7 out of the US in the mid-90's... because acquiring the rights to all the Fire Bomber songs was a legal nightmare.
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by Seto-Kaiba.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5870

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Macross Frontier

wtf i posted and it either didnt go through or someone deleted it.....

anyways like I said before, glad I slept through all of this
*mumbles* fuck you internet

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 3 weeks ago #5871

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

The music is alright, although sometimes I wish there would be more of a score than the singers singing while pilots are in combat. One of the reason I love Zeta Gundam(possibly the greatest anime ever IMO) American opening is because you get the amazing war beat and not a song.

That wasn't done by choice, Rich.

The reason Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam got an orchestral OP for the US release was because Bandai Entertainment couldn't get the rights to the songs used in the OP and ED outside of Asia, so they had to make do with editing the orchestral BGM. If they'd been able to get the rights to the songs, that orchestral music wouldn't be there... and many Gundam fans consider the orchestral music kind of insulting, and would rather have the original soundtrack to go with the animation.

Oh I know, I knew about the licensing issues long ago as a die hard Gundam fan, I was just simply stating that in my prefference I preffere a more "true" score to some music. And when it comes to Macross Frontier, I loved the show but sometimes I feel like the action is mixed with the singing a bit much makes it a tad distracting for me. Just my prefference although this is Macross. Macross plus managed to find a blance though it seems with letting the fighting and singing come in at the end in a more epic manner with Sharan.

These days, what most viewers want is the same viewing experience the Japanese audiences are getting... and that includes the original OP and ED sequences. If I remember right, the head of AnimEigo said that that demand for the original soundtrack is what kept Macross 7 out of the US in the mid-90's... because acquiring the rights to all the Fire Bomber songs was a legal nightmare.

15 years 3 weeks ago #5879

For some reason my reply didn't come thru...what I said though was that I knew of the Gundam issue long ago as a die Hard I just preffered that version. Also when it comes to Macross, sometimes in frontier it's as if the singers always sing when a pilot fights. I understand this is a common Macross-ism however sometimes I wish we had a "true" score for the battles. Just my opinion. Also I know how the original op and ed are preffered by many, hence the dvd uncut versions which I support. I thnk macross Plus did the best with balancing singing and action and keeping them apart until the epic ending with Shaoron
15 years 3 weeks ago #5880

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Well, been thinking of swimming back into Macross marathon that I religiously did atleast twice a year, but last year with Mac F practically exploded in my face, & the fact that I swam across the river early this year to join the everlasting & everpopular Gundam fandom (atleast, UC Gundam-verse) & ditching both Macross-verse & RT-verse (who cares about those two obscure titles anyways, GUNDAM RULEZZZ!!!) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then, a romantic mood sways me when I got myself swept into the romantic Nodame Cantabile anime .... accch, the romantic side of me kinda urging me to, well, revisited the love triangle of Minmay, Hikaru & Misa.

But by revisiting SDFM alone, it'd would not be complete without the marathon viewing of the entire Macross franchise ... I shudder at the thought. However, perhaps its a good start as any because Macross Frontier the Movie is around the corner.

BTW, Macross Frontier definitely ranked tops in my book, being both (previously) avid fan of Macross & RT in yesteryears.

I watched Mac F coz Sheryl's my new idol, although a rank lower than Basara, who in effect outclassed by Minmay-chan.
15 years 2 weeks ago #6032

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds