Macross Frontier

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Macross Frontier

oops sorry it came out wrong, what I wanted to say it has alot of Elements that are very similar to new generation and RT:TSC
aswell as SDF Macross

for instance
The Vajra = Invid

The battle for the Vajra home world = The Battle for Earth in New Generation

The main Villan Controlling the Vajra = prelude to RT:TSC Edwards the main Villan controlling the Invid

(The Reflex Weapon) A new superweapon use to combat the Vajra = (The Neutron-S Missle) A new Superweapon to destroy the invid

also the name of The New Weapon Reflex = Reflex Point in New Generation/RT:TSC

one of the song in MacrossF (by Yokko Kano) is called Northern Cross = Southern Cross Robotech

Alto who Plays a Woman Geisha = Lancer Who plays a Woman Entertainer
and both have blue hair

ofcoarse their are more but it would take forever

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, and dont get me wrong
I Love both Series, but it has alot of Similarities that I Myself find Awesome :laugh:
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 1 month ago #5479

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Macross Frontier

isamu wrote:

oops sorry it came out wrong, what I wanted to say it has alot of Elements that are very similar to new generation and RT:TSC aswell as SDF Macross

The similarities you're pointing out are all very general things, and many are not similarities at all... and it's highly doubtful (read "absurd") to suggest that Macross would be taking pointers from Robotech, as Robotech is a literal nonentity in Japan (Harmony Gold's licensing agreements prohibit its distribution there).

isamu wrote:

for instance
The Vajra = Invid

The ONLY similarity there is that they're both vaguely insectoid aliens. Beyond that, they couldn't be more different.

isamu wrote:

Um... what? Again, this is at best a superficial similarity... the Invid/Inbit had invaded Earth, the Vajra were living on their own homeworld and humanity was the invading party.

isamu wrote:

The main Villan Controlling the Vajra = prelude to RT:TSC Edwards the main Villan controlling the Invid

Grace had essentially absolute control over the Vajra by hijacking their hive mind, Edwards's control over the Invid was nowhere near as complete, and achieved through purely technological means (hacking an Invid computer which controlled their military automatons).

isamu wrote:

(The Reflex Weapon) A new superweapon use to combat the Vajra = (The Neutron-S Missle) A new Superweapon to destroy the invid

There's no such thing as a "reflex weapon" in Macross. The term you're thinking of is "reaction weapon", and reaction weapons are not a new weapon in the Macross universe... humanity had already deployed tactical reaction weapons by 2005. You may be thinking of dimension eater weapons, which are fold fault bombs that were developed in secret prior to the war with the Vajra by the Macross Galaxy fleet (51st Super-Long Range Colony Fleet).

Also, the Neutron-S missiles were not intended to destroy the Invid, they were intended to raze the Earth's surface in the event that the REF couldn't oust the Invid forces.

isamu wrote:

Again, there are no reflex weapons in Macross. Maybe you encountered a mistranslation. The proper and official term is "thermonuclear reaction weapon", or "reaction weapon" for short.

isamu wrote:

one of the song in MacrossF (by Yokko Kano) is called Northern Cross = Southern Cross Robotech

It's the name of a constellation, which is also known as Cygnus, not a reference to Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross or Robotech. Several of Sheryl's songs include the names of constellations.

isamu wrote:

World of difference there too... Alto is the descendant of a family of kabuki actors. Yellow/Lance Belmont is just a man in drag using his disguise to hide from the Inbit/Invid.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Seto-Kaiba.
15 years 1 month ago #5480

Replied by save on topic Re:Macross Frontier

isamu wrote:

for instance
The Vajra = Invid

Invid are blob like aliens that are able to evolve into human form. They pilot crab like mech. Vajra are insect like aliens that fly through space.

Original Macross and DYRL booth had homeword attacks in their stories which was borrowed and tweaked the following year by Tasunoko for the story development of Mospeada.

I don't read the RT comics I'm sure the Macross production team doesn't either.

Seto Kaiba has those three covered.

and both have blue hair

Alto is based off a real person in Japan who comes from a traditional Kobuki family and almost has the same last name. He is known for looking like a beautiful woman even when he is not performing. His family has been performing years even before RT or Mospeada were ever created.

Other than the standard anime elements that are in all anime there is nothing taken from RT TSC.
Make Protoculture not War!
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by save.
15 years 1 month ago #5481

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I CAN SEE WHAT ISAMU IS TRYING TO SAY..

OT GETTING TO TECHNCAL LIKE SAVE AND SETO..

BUT I CAN SEE IT.

BUT I ALSO KNOW THEY TWO DIFFERENT ANIMALS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 1 month ago #5498

ONLY THING I HATED FROM FRONTIER IS... THE SONGS.

I GET THE FEEL BUT AS SOON AS THEY START SINGING IN ENGLISH IT REALLY HURTS.

THATS JUST ME. SAME THING LIKE SHAKIRA OR SPANISH SINGERS THAT THROW IN SOME ENGLISH.. OW
15 years 1 month ago #5499

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Macross Frontier

that was my opinion on how I saw it,
I know every little detail must have its own explination
but from my eyes and a fan of two series, thats what I, Myself interprid lol peace...
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 1 month ago #5512

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Isamu,
Now I see what you meant,I could not see it at first because Robotech kept it clean...And Macross frontier was full of boredom and hentai that killed the story.For example the locker vibrator and the bouncing panties.,,And someone must be into pedofile because how they made Klan love a mature man and kept her a little girl when micronized.and when Alto grabbed ranka's chest (*she is boobless,dont know why she screamed :)) and heck even when trapped underground they exposed Sheryl.

I even tried to introduce my sister into macross and she did not like Frontier either.

So imagine how much perversions Macross Frontier the movie will have...LoL.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Lobizon. Reason: you know why ;)
15 years 1 month ago #5519

Replied by save on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Isamu,
Macross frontier was full of boredom and hentai that killed the story.For example the locker vibrator and the bouncing panties.,,And someone must be into pedofile because how they made Klan love a mature man and kept her a little girl when micronized.and when Alto grabbed ranka's chest (*she is boobless,dont know why she screamed :)) and heck even when trapped underground they exposed Sheryl.

So imagine how much perversions Macross Frontier the movie will have...LoL.

I agree with you on some of your points as far as the series having to cater to the current anime fans here in Japan. For every one of those elements it has the same amount or even more of true Macross elements which still made it more than enjoyable from start to finish. No sure where you get "boredom" from the show never really lost its tempo.

So yeah all that stuff will also make it into the Frontier movie but my money is going toward the production value, music, mecha, action and Macro Klan!!! B) All the other stuff I will just sit through while sipping on my coke and checking the time.
Make Protoculture not War!
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by save.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5609

FRONTIER WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING AS A SERIES AND SOMETHING THAT I LIKE OUT OF THE JAPANESE SERIES OTHER THAN MACROSS PLUS

I THINK THEY HIT A HOME RUN. NOT JUST FOR MACROSS FANS, BUT ROBOTECH FANS AS WELL.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5646

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I have never been a fan of the fansub or watching series on youtube (the first time around at least, get bored at work sometimes...) and I preffer dubs, HOWEVER, I just watched a clip of this show and REALLY would love to buy an english version. I really hope some arrangements can be made to allow this here.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
15 years 3 weeks ago #5666

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds