Macross Frontier

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I recently discovered that my favorite anime studio(or at least an affiliate) was part of the production team for this series. Bandai Visual! Being a huge Gundam fan and collector, Sunrise and Bandai Visual are the studios I love above others, that being said, if a deal were to be reached to allow Macross stateside, I would love to see Bandai USA release this with their "Anime Legends" line. Wishfull thinking I know but hey a guy can wish right. One gripe I do have with this series is that sometimes it seems like it tries to appeal to both old Macross fans and younger anime fans in Japan. I can understand that as to expand their customer base for dvd/merchandise sales. However some of the more teen drama and fan service shots could afford to culled a bit. Just my opinion. Also maybe it is because I love Gundam so much, but I want to see a Macross series with "hand drawn" animation. granted it's still digital, I just preffer it to the CGI.

Overall 8.5/10
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
15 years 3 weeks ago #5825

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Macross Frontier

ACTUALLY, WE DEBATED THIS A WHILE BACK WITH FANS FROM RT AT COMIC CON. NOT BASHING IT BUT WHAT IS IT THAT THEY LIKED.

MANNY AND MYSELF THOUGHT IT FELT LIKE ROBOTECH.. OR CLOSE ENOUGH IT CAN BE APPRECIATED. YEAH I KNOW, MACROSS IS MACROSS AND ROBOTECH IS ROBOTECH. BUT THIS THING HAD JUST THAT RIGHT FORMULA THAT IT APPEALED OUTSIDE OF JAPAN TO MACROSS FANS AS A WHOLE THAN ANY OTHER SERIES HAS. INCLUDING MACROSS ZERO, MACROSS 7 AND I THINK IT WAS DONE PURPOSELY AS WELL.
DON'T THING BW WOULD TRY TO STICK IT TO HG BUT ALL IN ALL, IT WORKED.

THAT'S WHY I LIKE THAT AFFAIR BETWEEN MACROSS AND ROBOTECH. EACH ONE TRIES TO OUT DUE THE OTHER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 3 weeks ago #5826

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Just an idea if Macross Frontier ever became a LAM,this could be used to be Bobby Margot

15 years 3 weeks ago #5835

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Considering the cult-classic nature of the clip in question, and it's legendary underground status as well, Bobby Margot would probably feel honored to be associated with it.

Sorry, Pizza. Your inadequate, insufficient, and above all, idiotic attempt at an insult didn't cut it.

Thanks for playing. Next contestant, please?
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
15 years 3 weeks ago #5836

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Richardmvela wrote:

if a deal were to be reached to allow Macross stateside, I would love to see Bandai USA release this with their "Anime Legends" line.

Really, I'd prefer to see the rest of Macross get licensed to Manga Entertainment. Bandai Entertainment US division is kind of hamhanded with their english dubs.

Richardmvela wrote:

However some of the more teen drama and fan service shots could afford to culled a bit. Just my opinion.

The whole point of buying the stuff on DVD these days is so you can see the show exactly as the creators intended it, without broadcast censorship or anything like that.

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Just an idea if Macross Frontier ever became a LAM,this could be used to be Bobby Margot

Um... Bobby is gay, not a transvestite. There is kind of an important difference there.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5838

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Seto,
How dare you send me a civilized email that contained logic and understanding with a shot at making the hatred of debaters stop or atleast this dog fight between us.You know making a peaceful attempts to get my attention is spoiling for a fight and made you better than those real attention freaks.

Please be rude and horribly offensive next time you email me because niceness is against.... Never mind.Will reply later.

Robowel202,,I mean Viper:)
For some reason I knew you would like the film clip.Sad and sick in a way.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5839

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Robowel202,,I mean Viper:)
For some reason I knew you would like the film clip.Sad and sick in a way.

Did I say I liked it?

Try understanding what someone says before bashing them.

Otherwise, your ignorance shines through, every time.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by Viper.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5842

Replied by mage on topic Re:Macross Frontier

target by association

Proud Ecksbawks 360 owner
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by mage.
15 years 3 weeks ago #5844
Attachments:

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Macross Frontier

This has to STOP!

ALL OF YOU!

HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS ANYWAYS!!!
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 3 weeks ago #5847

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Richardmvela wrote:

However some of the more teen drama and fan service shots could afford to culled a bit. Just my opinion.

The whole point of buying the stuff on DVD these days is so you can see the show exactly as the creators intended it, without broadcast censorship or anything like that.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Seto, I didn't mean for an edited release I meant as far as my view towards future projects. Not to cut these things out of a DVD but just that the show could be just as good with out them. It's all good trust me I preffer uncut DVD versions, one of the reason some shows are un-watchable on TV. Too many edits and cuts.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
15 years 3 weeks ago #5850

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds